Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cooper M21 Trigger Adjustment
 Login/Join

posted
Anyone have any experience on adjusting the trigger pull on a Cooper M21 Varminter, it is
currently about 2lb 11oz, I would like to get
it down to around 1 1/2 lbs to match the pull
on my other rifle, a Win Mod70 Coyote with a
Jewell trigger. Don't want to mess with this
one and screw it up before I know the correct procedure.

Thanks

Posts: 20 | Location: Deep South | Registered: 22 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gsp
posted Hide Post
It's been a while but I had to adjust mine, do to some one else fooling with something they shouldnt have. The trigger adjustment screws have lock screws to keep them from moving, be sure to loosen these before you start turning the adjusting screws.If you dont know wich screw does what let me know and I will pull mine from the stock, I cant remember off hand. You will also have to check the satey after adjusting as it also has adjusting screw, somewhat like a Savage but much better device. Point the muzzle up
( empty chamber) and close the bolt, if the pin falls you have let off the weight of pull to much.

posted Hide Post
That is what I was wondering, which screw does
what, I don't want to turn them till I know.

Thanks

one of us
Picture of gsp
posted Hide Post
There are two screws in the front, one in the rear. the front screw closes to the action is the sear engagement, the front screw closes to the trigger is the weight of pull. the rear is over travel. Another note on pointing the muzzle up to check the weight of pull, the sear will engage with the rifle in the horizontal position and the weight adjusting screw backed all the way out when you close the bolt. I found out with the muzzle pointed up and closing the bolt the pin would drop, but not when it was horizontal like you were getting ready to fire it.
If your not sure take it to a smith and let him adjust it, dont want any accidents to happen

posted Hide Post
OK, thanks a bunch, I think I can get after your
description.

Thanks again.