THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what brand sights on the safari express?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Guys, gotta bring the height of my irons up on my 375. I was happy to find out that the rear sight is an ERA/NECG. not shabby. sadly no blade options for it. front sight alone might be enough to get me where I need to be, but no indications of what brand it is. does anybody know?

thanks.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's a Williams Streamlined Dovetail Ramp, or a clone. The hood isn't a Williams though - theirs has a knurled end.

In any case, it has a standard .375" dovetail, and the Williams narrow [0.25" ramp width N series] beads are identical to the original. Standard height is .375"; if you stick with the 3/32" diameter white bead, .406 and .437 heights are available.

Or the Marbles NR series will fit also, just styled differently. Heights available are .410, .450, .500 and .538; in 1/16", and some in 3/32" bead sizes.

Gun Parts Corp has a good variety of these listed.

Cheers,
Doug

Posts: 337 | Location: Gippsland, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you. my gunsmith ha said Williams and I know better than to question him, I just couldn't find the hood on their catalog so figured it was somebody else's.

I appreciate it. I am going to get the situation sorted out this month so I can play with the rifle more.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote