Find
Notify
Tools

STRADDLE FLOORPLATE
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted
Does anyone make a straddle floorplate to replace the Mark X's original? (standard length)

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
PM huntingcat. He had a batch at one time.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
Last month I received a flier from Brownells that showed a Sunny Hill straddle floor plate.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6836 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have often thought about your question myself, and have wondered why it wouldn't be possible to cut out a couple of pieces of steel and weld them to the original floorplate to make the straddle floorplate.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe that Jerry Fisher and Jim Wisner/PME both offer straddle floorplates. Jerry has his round-bottom straddle and possibly the Oberndorf style as well, while I believe Precise Metalsmithing Enterprises at one time offered straddles for both the 1909 Argentine and the Mk X.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have three of the straddle floorplates here from the special batch I did last year to fit the MK X old style guard.

As machined, $ 50.00 each plus shipping

James Wisner
Wisner's Inc.

FYI, Precise Metalsmithing Ent. closed in 2002.

Posts: 1452 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J Wisner:
FYI, Precise Metalsmithing Ent. closed in 2002.

We are all the poorer. Your stuff was outstanding.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6836 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought one from Blackburn 3 yrs ago. Took 7 months to get it!

Posts: 1135 | Location: corpus, TX | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have three of the straddle floorplates here from the special batch I did last year to fit the MK X old style guard.

As machined, $ 50.00 each plus shipping

James Wisner
Wisner's Inc.

Thanks for all your help guys!!!
Mr. Wisner I'll give you a call, Thanks...

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote