Notify
Tools

Burgess Brno Mounts
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 7mmMagnum
posted
Hi guys,

I've posted this in the classifieds but thought it might worthwhile to post here too.

I realise this is a VERY long shot, but I was wondering if anyone may have a set of Original Burgess QD Ring mounts for the Brno M21 Dovetails that they might part with?

Thanks.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
"Katiesguns" makes a similar detachable mount. Burgess told me he only made a handful of those mounts, mostly for Ottmar. Here's a recent link:
KatiesgunsBrno

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 7mmMagnum
posted Hide Post
Yeah i bet it's a near impossible exercise, thought i'd try anyway. Duane posted that thread for my benefit. He's building the rifle for me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know exactly what they look like, but I think I may have a set new in the white. If you have an image of them post it and I will check them. The set I have definitely fit an M21, lever type QD mounts with the foot on one ring for the rear dovetail. I seem to remember they are 26mm. Similar in style to the old Brownell type QD.

I would be reluctant to part with them but would consider it if someone like Mr Wiebe was doing the work.

Posts: 111 | Location: Tasmania | Registered: 27 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 7mmMagnum
posted Hide Post
Hi

At work at moment. Will PM you later in the day.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello 7mm, those images don't come up for me. If you PM me with an email address I can send you images of what I have here.

Posts: 111 | Location: Tasmania | Registered: 27 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 7mmMagnum
posted Hide Post
Hi Gordon,

Yeah i can't work out how to do it. I've PM'ed you the links, will also PM you my email.

Thanks,

Nathan.

One of Us
Picture of 7mmMagnum
posted Hide Post
Bump....Still looking

One of Us
Picture of 7mmMagnum
posted Hide Post
Bump.......still looking.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
7mm, those made by Katies should clean up nicely with a little filing and polishing.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 7mmMagnum
posted Hide Post
Duane thinks so as well. Just trying to see if i can find the real deal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a set on order with Tom for about 8-9 years. If I had a set I hate to say I would never part with them. They were for a rifle that the rings and scope were stolen, I have since sold the rifle but lust after a set of the rings.
Good luct with your hunt.
Steve

"There is a bloody brave little animal called the honey badger in Africa. It may be the meanest animal in the world. It kills for malice and for sport, and it does not go for the jugular-it goes straight for the groin. It has a hell of a lot in common with the modern American woman."
Robert Ruark-The Honey Badger
SGB7x57@Gmail.com
360-918-8283
NRA Life Member
SCI Life Member
WANT TO RETURN TO AFRICA CLUB Life Member

Posts: 187 | Location: Olympia, Wa | Registered: 31 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 7mmMagnum
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve. I'm not holding out much hope, but you just never know.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be up in Tacoma in a week or two I'll let you know how your rifle is looking. if you came across a mod 21 that you don't want let me know, I've been looking for one that I don't have to sell the kids to pay for.
Luck to you, Steve

"There is a bloody brave little animal called the honey badger in Africa. It may be the meanest animal in the world. It kills for malice and for sport, and it does not go for the jugular-it goes straight for the groin. It has a hell of a lot in common with the modern American woman."
Robert Ruark-The Honey Badger
SGB7x57@Gmail.com
360-918-8283
NRA Life Member
SCI Life Member
WANT TO RETURN TO AFRICA CLUB Life Member

Posts: 187 | Location: Olympia, Wa | Registered: 31 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 7mmMagnum
posted Hide Post
Steve, PM sent.