New
Find
Notify
Tools

Model 70 Classic Floorplate
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can I replace the two piece with a one piece either factory or Williams without any stock work or other modification?

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you; Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your sins, the other for your freedom...."

Posts: 426 | Location: Yakima, Washington, USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In my experience you will need to remove some small amounts of wood on the shoulders of the floorplate and sometimes around the front and rear tang. Not difficult, just a little tedious.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, worth doing and more. Get the new Williams guard with the Oberndorf style release. I have two of the older ones and love them. The newer one just looks cool.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote