Find
Notify
Tools

max(hm2)'s stock
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted
Here is a stock that Max had turned. I will leave it up to him to give the details.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
I like the figure of the wood. I bet it looks like a million bucks once it gets finished. However, the shape looks vaguely familiar.
Boyd's JRS pattern without the cheekpiece?

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this was hidden in one of the $90.00 blanks elcaballero is selling. mike kokolus of custom gunstocks in dushore, pa turned it from my pattern. it is for my gun. a lh montana short action with an octagon barrel chambered for .275 rigby. the metal work is on its way to roger, scrollcutter, now to be so marked.
when it comes back it will be a matter of cutting in the corners and final inletting, then finishing it up.

i'm at work right now, but if anyone wants his contact info. let me know. i think his charges are reasonable.

Posts: 981 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tex21,
yes it started out as a boyds. raised the comb slightly, filled in the comb flutes, changed the toe angle a bit, and filled in the original ejection port. i removed the cheek piece because i just don't like them. i will add a cheek piece if i need one on the pattern for someone else. bondo, balsa wood and epoxy are great stuff.
max

Posts: 981 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got one of his blanks myself. Hope mine turns out as well as yours!

Posts: 276 | Location: MId-Michigan (back in the States) | Registered: 21 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
a lh montana short action with an octagon barrel chambered for .275 rigby. the metal work is on its way to roger, scrollcutter, now to be so marked.

I am very interested in your action and barrel work. When you can, please send some photos along, I would love to see the Montana worked up.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i will take some pictures when i get the metal back from scrollcutter. i actually fitted the triggerguard/floorplate assembly the other night.