Notify
Tools

dropped magazine
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by kcstott:
I can see it now........ A pre 64 Win M70 with a banana clip hanging out of it Big Grin

Not in Kalifonia! Lol

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3316 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
When I go for a DG hunt...I always carry this rifle as a back-up and to shoot the odd PG I may deside to take.

So...it gets filled up with shells and hung on the rack to be ready. I have my belt filled with .458 cartridges and usually grab the .375 to go off after a Sable or Kudu or...

It would be nice...AT LEAST TO ME...if it had 5 in the mag or even 6. Then I could just jack one in the chamber and go with a reasonable number of shells...if time was of the essence.

Just a project for me...not trying to get anyone else excited about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37897 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Westley Richards' .425's are the most common but, Schuler also used this type of extended magazine on their .500. Straight in-line stack. It is a direct attachment to the bottom of a military type guard. It locks into the floorplate recess at the rear and is held in place with a screw at the front. It would be quite a project to make.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Well the fellow that built that one is going to help me build mine. I will post pics when finished...but don't hold your breathe as it may take us while!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37897 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post

J. Lane Easter, DVM