Find
Notify
Tools

Ejection failure of a Rem. 11-48
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I need advice please.
I bought a 3-inch-chambered Remington 11-48 .410 (semi-auto) via an auction web-site; the gun will not eject shells...neither 2.5 nor 3 inches. But, if I yank hard on the operating handle, the shell ejects. The seller essentialy told me that it's MY problem. That's ok with me. But,maybe it's a simple "tuning" problem that someone more familiar with this model can identify. Please....any advice would be appreciated.
Alex

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The first thing I would try is to clean the chamber.Then just check the whole thing out to make sure that it is put together right.

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
will do....thanks.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have seen a couple of 11-48 with missing broken ejectors. That could be the trouble.

But clean it very well frist.

Posts: 19616 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
The 11-48 is a long recoil gun like the Mod 11 and Browning Auto 5. The recoil spring rides on the magazine tube. The mag tube needs to be clean and lubricated for the gun to cycle like it's supposed to. Pull the forend, barrel and recoil spring assy, clean and wipe the tube with an oily cloth. Reassemble and test fire it.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote