New
Find
Notify
Tools

M1917/P14 Enfield Mods
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Cock on opeing without welding, somebody posted about this a while back. I have been looking at my parts bucket. It looks to me like I could deepen the cocking piece shroud recess to allow the cocking piece to fall further foreward. I was thinking of making a piloted end mill like tool to do that. I could also gain a little fall on the surface of the cocking piece that stops against the shroud. I am thinking I can take about 0.050 off of each. Would increase the fall from about 0.300" to about 0.413" That seem like enough since it works most of the time at 5/16" fall, with the Numrich kit. OK, at that point I can increase the depth of the cocking cam to let the pin fall the additional 113-thousands. I would now have to adjust the firing pin nose to not bind and the protrusion to be right. The only fly in th ointment is that I need to get a Numrich speedlock cocking piece. Have I got this all right?

Lengthing for long cartridges. I see I have enough length with the box out. Do I make my new box so that the front and rear wall are even with the front and back of the receiver as is? Or, so I shorten the botton lug? It looks like I have a much longer lug on the bottom than the top. How about taking it from the back? That looks like I will get into the cuts for the trigger mechanisim.

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
This is what I did on my 458 Lott, Rem 30s. I just ground off the rivets/pins that hold the front and rear ends to the sides. Turn them around, bring them flush with the front and rear edges of the sides. I brazed mine back togeather. It is easier to only do one end at a time, this will keep the sides square and paralle. The gusets that will now be on the inside,should be ground down some so that they will not interfer with the mag follower.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, That takes care of length. How about width. Should that be such that the cartridges stack with now space between them. To make a visual, take four pennies and place them on the desk. Arrange them such that you have two on the right and two on the left stacked on top of each other, both rows parallel. Now bring them together so that the top one of the right row is centered on the intersection of the two on the left row. If you were to connect the center points of all the pennies you have a trapazoid. This is how I intuitively think the cartridges should stack in the box.

If I simply lenghten a 30-06 box we have a situation where the pennies are squished together. There is now a gap between the pennies up and down. This would waste magazine space.

I may be getting my head too wrapped up in this. Does the Numrich magnum length box work OK with 375 H/H.

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
I do not know what you want to chamber this thing in but, as i stated before, mine is a 458 Lott. I get 3 down and one in the chamber, no problem.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote