New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good looking" Weaver style bases?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
As much as I generally dislike the looks of the Weaver style bases I keep coming back to them because of theie strength and effectiveness as QD bases (I want to be able to have a back up peep for this rifle and there are several nice looking weaver mounted peeps available) Who makes the best looking/least obtrusive Weaver base for a M70/M1999 action? Warne, Weaver, Leopold QD? Any input really appreciated.
Thanks!

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out the Talley mounts and QD rings. I believe he makes an integral peep site that mounts to the bases. His rings and bases are top of the line.

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Snowcat
The Leupold Weaver style bases and rings look good in my opinion, and they are all steel. You say that there are several different types of Weaver base mounted peep sights. What makes are they? I am interested in mounting a peep sight on the one piece Weaver base on my Marlin Guide gun.

Hart

Posts: 307 | Location: Vancouver, BC. | Registered: 15 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of South40
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the Weaver Grand Slam all steel bases. They're a nice looking base and come in standard and extension models --

Posts: 442 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 28 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hart-
NECG has a really nice Weaver mounted peep that by all reports returns to zero very well, and looks nice for about $80 in Brownells. A. O. Systems also has a classy looking setup similar to the oen above in Brownells for $65. Both should work very well. You should be able to look at them on Brownell's web site.

I guess what I'm looking for are the smallest all steel bases available. I may just have to order several sets and return the ones I don't need.

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote