New
Find
Notify
Tools

Straddle Floorplate
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A question for our resident experts: Who makes one of these for Mexican Mauser actions? See them for the full length mauser actions, but not intermediate length. Thanks for the help.

Posts: 276 | Location: MId-Michigan (back in the States) | Registered: 21 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You'll probably end up modifying one one jim wisner's. There isn't too many other sources. Here's one I started puting on a yugo intermediate. I'm not finished with it but you get the idea.
-Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don,

Do you happen to know if Wisner's floorplate can be readily adapted to fit an Interarms Mark-X mauser TG with the in-the-bow release?

Also, do you happen to know if the floorplate they sell over on the Sporter Express site is the Wisner model?

Not to hijack the thread, but I was thinking of asking a very similar question.

Thanks,

Bob

one of us
posted Hide Post
Blackbart2

I did a short run a while ago for a customer of MK X straddle floorplates and still have about 4 of them left on hand.

Yes Sporter Express buys our 1909 floorplate, we just shipped him 20 of them last week.

The one problem with the intermeditate actions is that you really need to have a differnet spring cut in the floorplate as the spring sits farther foreward.

James Wisenr
Custom Metalsmith

Posts: 1473 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J Wisner:
The one problem with the intermeditate actions is that you really need to have a differnet spring cut in the floorplate as the spring sits farther foreward.

James Wisenr
Custom Metalsmith

True, not by much though. It looks as I should be able to cut the spring a little shorter to work. If the spring wants to slide back, it shouldn't Jim's cuts are tight, I can soft solder in a filler piece.
-Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim and Don,

Thanks for the replies!

Jim - if the Mark X unit you made retails in the vicinity of the Argie unit, I would really like to purchase one.

I will shoot you a PM to follow-up on ordering one.

Thanks!

Bob