New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magnum Mauser Extractor
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am looking for an extractor for a magnum length mauser action. Is anyone producing such a thing, or am I looking for a "used" part?
In the same vein, does anyone know if the boltface to extractor groove dimension is the same for a Magnum length bolt as for a standard 98?
Thanks!

Posts: 25 | Location: Detroit,MI | Registered: 30 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I machine replacement Obendorf Magnum Mauser extractors. They come with a 30-06 hook so you can fit it to different calibers.
The military extractor is .400 shorter than the Obendorf magnum extractor. Due to the guide rib the military extractor will not work on the longer magnum bolt.

Part number MMO, retail USD 49,95 plus shipping.

Jim Wisner
P.O. Bx 186
Adna Wa. 98522

Phone 360-748-3743 FRIDAY morning only 9am -1pm Pacfic time
FAX 360-748-6028

Posts: 1484 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
Jim

are you still making your mauser 3 position safeties?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Jim,your product may be just what I need. The reason I asked about the boltface-extractor relationship is because I want to try the magnum part on a standard 98 bolt. If the two are compatible, it will allow me to cut back the reciever ring to ease loading without exposing the end of the extractor(ugly, even if it doesn't affect function, which it might). Please let me know if you think this is feasible.

Thanks!

Posts: 25 | Location: Detroit,MI | Registered: 30 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LocalHand

Yes the Obendorf extrator will fit onto the M98 bolt. Since the tail is .400" longer then you can open up the rear bridge for easy loading.

Blue

I have about 100 safties started for the M98, still trying to catch up around here. The will be done sometime in the next 60 days or so.

Jim Wisner

Custom Metalsmith

Posts: 1484 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The one on the CZ 550 Magnum works perfactly. CZ sells them