Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

montana x-treme
 Login/Join

posted
Where can I get montana x-treme products? Checked brownells, midway etc. and I don't see it listed.
Any comments on this stuff? Have seen it mentioned enough that I thought I might try it. The comments I have seen have all been positive.

John

Posts: 5 | Location: mich. | Registered: 27 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe Sinclair's carries it....
www.sinclairintl.com

Posts: 25 | Location: Brooklyn, NY, USA | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
<Doc Garnett>
posted
Cochran --
I've used the copper solvent and IMHO it works as well, maybe better, as any others I've tried, including Sweets, Butch's, Hoppes Benchrest, Shooters Choice ... etc.. I haven't tried any of their other products.
Regards --
-- Doc

One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
Ditto Doc - Montana X-Treme is now my copper solvent of choice. Beats Sweets and CR-10 hands-down because you can safely leave it in the bore for more than 15 minutes. It makes quick work of the worst sort of copper fouling.

However, be forewarned - the vapor will literally knock you out. Use in a well ventilated room and only apply with nylon brushes or a bore mop. As TSAS stated, Sinclair is the place to get it.

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Great stuff! As far as the vapors go----what ZeroDrift said. Use in a well ventilated area. Probably would be good to use as smelling salts to revive unconscious folks, too. [Eek!]

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Montana X-Treme, sounds like a real mans beer [Big Grin]

Posts: 101 | Location: Canada | Registered: 26 October 2002Reply With Quote