New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 30 to 60 days ???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
338guy, you are mostly correct, the sign off can be from the sheriff, county prosacuter, county judge, city ChiefOP, city prosacuter,city judge or you can form a Corp and need no sign off.
Thanks for your offer but I already have my sign off and the paperwork is off to the BATF, just waiting now, may even send off another to get the 30 cal can.
It is my understanding that the Wa. dept of game is the one behind the law of not being able to fire/shoot with the can installed.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am an FFL dealer in Washington state and I recently went through the silencer question for a customer. The restrictions on a silencer are state law. A person can possess a silencer in WA but CAN NOT use (fire) it. Whether you get it or not is soley up to the discretion of the chief/sheriff in your jurisdiction. If they say no you have no appeal rights.

If you have any questions email me and I can give you the name and phone number of the person in charge of the WA state firearms area.

Posts: 251 | Location: Newport, WA | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of scw
posted Hide Post
I look forward to seeing it. What is the caliber?

Posts: 281 | Location: Utah | Registered: 24 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Where do you shoot, RogerLee? I shoot at the dry lakebad (aka Sarasota Flats) about a mile or so north of the Truck Inn out in the desert along the poleline but with winter here, it can get muddy. When the place is dry, there is always the danger of a stray bullet clobbering some dumb-ass kid on his 4-wheeler or dirtbike. By and large it's a great place, but I'm looking for someplace where I can set up my bench and not have to worry about my hardware taking a ride on some punk-ass kid's moto while I go forward to check targets. What do you have around Fallon?

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
scw, the custom should be back from Mark Stratton around the end of Feb, so I will post some pictures then, it will be in the white but that will have to do until Roger gets all done with the chicken scratchin. Roger gave me some more photo's of couger's to look over, still have not pinned down which I want but plenty of time to decide. I'm here to tell ya, that when you see scrollcutters work in person, it talks to you, he is a true artist in ever sense.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of scw
posted Hide Post
Jimmy, how's that octagon-barreled rifle coming along? Any pics of it?

The quiet pop-gun should be a hoot, taking a coyote down while the one next to it keeps coming has got to be fun. Just think of how many doubles and triples you can get!

Posts: 281 | Location: Utah | Registered: 24 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RogerLee, because I can at least at this point. With the new bitch taking over in our state {so it seems} I do expect alot of new gun regs to be introduced. Just some pre planning. Just a short drive across state line and I can use them, so it will be a cool addition for varmit hunting
The SBR would be a cool factor addition but I don't see getting much use out of one, maybe in the future but at the present I have a 145lb ill tempered Rotty that takes care of the household duties.