Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Les Brooks Duplicator project
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted
Yeah the Toolroom mill is nice. You can even add stuff like a tool changer and a 4th axis wiring after you get the machine as money allows... Most of the other machine manufacturers, Haas included, require you to order the accesories when you order the machine. This can easily double the cost of the machine. The reason I decided against the Toolroom mill(and the Mini Mill) is capacity. I want a machine so I can make Money. I want a full blown VMC like the previously mentioned VF-3. If you a "hobbiest" (Gawd, I hate that word!) or self employed making small parts in small quantities, it's more than adaquete. But to really ramp up production, ya really need an ATC, flood coolant and a big, stiff, high rpm, high horsepower machine.

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Jeffe, that 8G's was for a "minty" one that came out of a school. Even the beaten junk is going for good money. My advice is if you see a half way decent deal, jump on it! BTW, will the ajax system suport glass scales? If they do, they're a better way to go, even with higher costs...

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
TM,
most companies will support the servos, with an encorder change.. i think i could do rutex or geckos with the steppers... boss's price vary... 1200-2000 for a blown controls is about right... anything higher than that... well, i;'ve bee surprised before.!!

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote