Find
Notify
Tools

Barrel Twist vs Double Regulation
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Question:
Has anyone ever heard of, seen or done a test with double rifle regulation based on different styles of twist? (i.e. Left Hand/Left Hand, Right Hand/Right Hand or Left Hand/Right Hand.) Seems to me and so far have only regulated one double, a smooth bore 12 ga. to shoot slugs. That an opposite twist and the forces created may help with point of impact regulation with the side benefit of increased recoil control. Right hand twist in the left barrel and left hand twist in the right barrel. Any thoughts? [Confused] Or do I just spend to much time thinking when I have time on my hands? [Big Grin]
Sorry about the long post.

Posts: 32 | Location: York, PA | Registered: 03 July 2003Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Interesting thought! But I think you'd still have to go through the same drill to get the thing regulated, since elevation as well as deflection can be off! [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah I know you would still have to go with the heat a try, heat and try routine, but am thinking that by having oposing forces during firing from the other barrel that maybe the amount of trial and error could be cut down. I know, I know my wife tells me I think to much too. Just seems to me if bullet rotation in the left barrel is to the right in towards the target and bullet rotation in the right barrel is to the left also in towards the target getting convergence should be easier than if one is coming in towards the target and the other is rotating away.

Posts: 32 | Location: York, PA | Registered: 03 July 2003Reply With Quote