Notify
Tools

Rem ADL front swivel stud replacement?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted
Question for the wise ones:

I have an old Remington 700 ADL with a battered wood stock. Owned it for 25 years and it shoots and fits like a dream. Both sling attachments (front and rear) are only set up for...slings and not for swivel studs that will allow for a Harris bi-pod.

Is there a direct/correct replacement for the front swivel attachment that I can use with a Harris bipod and QD sling swivels?

Thanks very much

Posts: 1073 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
If the front sling swivel has a 10-32 thread you can screw in a stud. If it doesn't have that thread you need to install a nut from in inside of the barrel channel. To do this I recommend a 3/8" Forstner bit or grind a pilot on a 3/8" twist drill. Installing sling swivels looks easy and it is if you have the right tools but it is also very easy to install them crooked. I use a Kleinendorst jig which although expensive, does a great job of keeping them centered and straight.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2945 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
THanks John, much appreciated. I'll check out the threads or install a nut from the inside of the channel.

Al

Posts: 1073 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote