Notify
Tools

Help finding M-70 Sight and Magazine Spring
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted
Guys,
I need a little help finding some parts for an African PH friend of mine. He has a Winchester M-70 CRF Super Express in 416 Rem. Parts I need are a fixed sight to fit into the factory base assembly. The factory one is a hinged sight and it is giving my buddy fits. Anyone make a fixed sight that will fit this base. If not are there any options for a new assembly that will not require any gunsmithing? Attached are photos of the sight I am trying to replace.

I also need a magazine spring for this rifle.

Any help locating the parts is greatly appreciated. I have looked in several catalogs and can't find what I need.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can still buy Winchester parts from the web sight, believe the depot is in Missouri. Ordered several parts and they were very fast with the shipping.

Posts: 234 | Location: tx | Registered: 30 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
I found the Magazine spring there however the only sight they offer is the factory folding one currently in the photo. I need one that will not fold down. Any one know if the NECG sights will work?

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The last Model 70's had a NECG multileave rear sight installed as standard, might call them and see if they have any left.
One of the custom parts suppliers, can't remember which one, makes a repo pre-64 supergrad 458 Win rear sight with a single blade with a wheel adjustment. Maybe someone will chime in with the name.

Posts: 234 | Location: tx | Registered: 30 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
One of the custom parts suppliers, can't remember which one, makes a repo pre-64 supergrad 458 Win rear sight with a single blade with a wheel adjustment. Maybe someone will chime in with the name.

That is Jim Wisner.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Hey ROSCOE when you find that sight please let us know, I have wanted to make the same change on mine for some time and wondered about the NECG but never figured it out.
Thanks

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote