New
Find
Notify
Tools

gunshows
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
throughout the forums , this and others, there are usually questions about where can i get this part or that part. guys, there are gunshows all over the country, and at all of them are people selling parts and giving advice, it's a great source, and it is unusual that you wouldn't find an answer.

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
butchloc,

That is a good point, and well taken. However, I think the reason we see so many inquiries is the fact that there are a lot of users on these forums, and by some chance (probably as good if not better than a gun show in my neck of the woods) one of them just might have what we are looking for without a need for it themselves. In addition to that, I can get on this forum anytime of the day, any day of the year and get information whereas we have only one gunshow that could be classified as remotely decent in our close vicinity.

Posts: 437 | Location: S.E. Idaho | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the shows can be excellent resources, if you have good shows. where I live the shows have become a flea market of junk for the most part. there might be a few jewels here or there, but finding parts that you need is going to be very difficult. As mentioned on here there might be somebody with what you need. i have gotten a few things through here that way.

If you have good shows where you live I am happy for you. sadly I live in Kalifornia and in the last couple of years the good sellers have petered out on us. I remember one great show about 2 years ago and this one guy had a table with boxes of 700's, any chambering you want one price. I can't remember the price but it was good. I asked him why he was selling it all, he was moving his business to Nevada to get out from under the thumb of the Kali commies and was liquidating as much of his inventory as he could. there were a couple of other guys at the same show that were leaving the state too. hmmm.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
The shows around here are a fountian of parts for assault type weapons, but otherwise they are certianly not the first place I would check.

I guess it depends on what parts you need. I find that Numrich is usually the easyest place for me to find a single simple part, but even they dont always have what a guy needs.

Posts: 10164 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Between AR, ebay, gunsamerica, auctionarms, gunbroker, champlinarms, hallowellco, etc. etc. it's a gun show everyday for me. Yes, I still attend the big shows too (Tulsa, Houston, Vegas, Dallas, etc.) but seems like I find more of what I need on the net nowadays, especially rare and unusual stuff one can spend years looking for at shows.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I find that E-bay yields some good things on occasion too. I don't know where I put the address off hand but I was told about a Springfield collectors site by my friend and it yielded some great stuff. Two triggerguards with floorplates and two bolts, all in good condition. seems that if they aren't just right for going to collectable original then they are willing to part with them. great resources out there but it can take a long time to find them all.

the one thing that is great at my local show is this guy that seems to have every oddball die and ammo set you can think up. he had great price on 5 boxes of 358 Norma, almost had to have a rifle built to save the money on ammo. Wink He has some good deals on bullets sometimes too.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't ever remember going to a gunshow that I was surprised to find somthing I wanted. Course, maybe that why most everyone thinks I'am a sicky anyway

Posts: 116 | Location: Alaska,U.S.A. | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
guys, there are gunshows all over the country, and at all of them are people selling parts and giving advice, it's a great source, and it is unusual that you wouldn't find an answer.
Really? Where? In between the Navy SEALs (the fat guys in camo), the beef jerky vendors, waterpik salesmen, beanie baby tables, and other assorted JUNK, I will disagree. Sorry, your suggestion just doesn't reconcile with reality very well.

Posts: 475 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I kinda of like the little podunk VFW/highschool shows best of all. Your right I'am always worried about getting caught in the cross fire between the Nazi reenactors and the other world war buffs. And the CW boys you got to watch with them long pointy knifes they got on there smokepoles!

Posts: 116 | Location: Alaska,U.S.A. | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote