New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best QD Scope Rings
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone have any experiences with some really good Quick Detachable scope rings to fit a Weaver type base??

Thanks!

Mark

Posts: 217 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My vote goes to Leupold QRW.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The plain old Weaver rings and bases aren't bad but the Leupold QRW rings seem a little better. Personally I prefer the Leupold QRS system for a QD setup. Good hunting!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto on the Leupold QRS rings and bases. Best thing this side of claw mounts.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dr B
posted Hide Post
What about Talley??
Dr B

one of us
posted Hide Post
The problem with most QD mounts is you cannot see the iron sights over them...thus the Weaver is good and will return to zero if set up properly...The are cut out inside to allow you to see down the barrel.

I use Talleys with a tally peep, but they are too high to see barrel mounted sights over unless you get those ugly awkard high rear sight...

I have several sets of old Brownell or Kimber QDs and they have very low thin bases that allow me access to my quarter rib guns and low rear sighted guns...I also like the Griffen and Howe side mounts, as they work very well on big bore rifles, but are very expensive at $400 installed...

I see more nice custom rifles with irons, and I mean high dollar jobs, and the iron sights are worthless on them, Most are not even notched and certainly few are even bore sighted, I wonder sometimes if the majority of our gunsmith every hunt dangerous game..... thumbdown....

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42015 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote