THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Are dual dove tail rings & bases interchangeable?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are dual dove tail rings & bases interchangeable?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Maybe this is a dumb question. Can you interchange leupold dual dovetail bases with burris d.d. rings and vice-versa?

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
anyone?

One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Their standard dovetail/windage mounts and rings do interchange so I would have to guess and say maybe. I don't have any here to try but I would think they share a standard form. If they don't then swap bases. Hopefully this was a help. Big Grin

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Remington dual dovetail bases and DD Burris signature rings are what I use on my Rem. 700 338 and 375 H&H. Works great. The signature rings are the way to go - eliminates the need for ring lapping.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2326 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Labman:
Remington dual dovetail bases and DD Burris signature rings are what I use on my Rem. 700 338 and 375 H&H. Works great. The signature rings are the way to go - eliminates the need for ring lapping.

I wasn't aware Remington made rings or bases

But, to answer your question, yes they should interchange as long as they are not worn out.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I assumed they would interchange but you know where that gets you sometimes. I appreciate the replies.