New
Find
Notify
Tools

US-made copy of Hagn action
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This may be old news, but I came across this in Gunsamerica. It appears to be pretty similar to the Hagn single-shot action. SS Action Listing.

"There are only three kinds of people; those who can count, and those who can't."

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
That's a B.A.M. action made in Oregon a few years back. Don't think they're made anymore.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 200 | Location: Calgary- Alberta- Canada | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glenn - Yes, I'm familiar with Martini and Hagn, having met Ralf Martini at the Reno Guild show. I had not visited their website, though. Thanks for the link! thumb

"There are only three kinds of people; those who can count, and those who can't."

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
The action on GunsAmerica was made by Dick Leger, Brookings Arms Makers, of Brookings, Oregon. Cost a few years ago was $695 in the white, considerably less than the Hagn.

Dick believed these changes to be improvements to the Hagn:
(1) rolling wheel safety
(2) smaller sear spring holder for less weight
(3) reshaped link & extractor carrier
(4) tang lengthened, angles changed
(5) lever lengthened & reshaped
(6) lengthened receiver extension to allow mounting of forearm stringer for free floated barrel if desire
(7) reshaped hammer to match angle of firing pin & block
(8) reshaped carrier for faster retraction of firing pin
(9) sear angle changed to make trigger release more positive
(10) raised trigger plane
(11) added trigger overtravel screw
(12) added trigger spring weight adjustment screw
(13) ability to accept tang sight
(14) top of receiver changed from round to octagon, which I don't care for myself.

I believe the actions were machined from investment castings.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
The above "improvements" are quoted from BAM's literature. I've also looked closely at Hagns, extremely nice. What does one cost now? $4000? From the pic above, the finish looks pretty good to me.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Martini & Hagn website lists prices for the actions. The link is further up this thread.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
4 years ago they were $3500, nice to see the new lower prices. Top of my wish list!