THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Anybody put a Timney in their Winchester model 70

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody put a Timney in their Winchester model 70
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I use Timneys in all my Ruger MKII's, was wondering if anyone had used one in their model 70 and how they liked it.

One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
Yup, I installed one once.....it's a fine trigger and adjusts well. It's a little more difficult to install than on a '98 mauser.....follow the directions, don't lose any parts, and you'll do fine.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Why not use the original trigger? Model 70 triggers are great.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, works fine. I wanted to do the installation myself - thought it was a "drop-in" job. In the end, I let the smith do it - this business about "drop-in" was questionable. Your mileage may vary.
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote