New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody hear from AC as of Late ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hoping his move was without incident and was wondering if anyone's heard from him ? tu2

salute archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He was in the process of relocating from Roseburg OR to Arizona to keep the little lady happy...

so I am sure he is "in between" heaven and hell at the moment..

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I have. He is NOT a happy camper. To replace our place we left in Oegon would cost several million dollars here (or more).

We had car troubles with both vehicles.

We have not found any place we would both be willing to make an offer on to live in. It has been near 110 degrees or higher every day for rhe last couple of weeks, with possibly two exceptions. Getting VA medical care here is hopeless and a farce and sham. I sat 14 hours at the local VA medical center,mostly in the ER, and got NO care at all. They did give me an appointment for a week from this coming Tuesday, and another in Noivember(!) It is the dirtiest ER facility I have ever seen in ANY country.

Hope to find a place to live sometime in the next week or two, and start that process rolling. Haven't been able to find my computer or many (most) of my other daily use items. Movers packed them, but they didn't label them. Have rentred a 3-bedroom home and two 10x20 storage lockers and have them FULL of boxes.

AAAaaarrrggghhh!

(Am writing this at the local library...)

Best wishes to all. Miss you folks

AC

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
AC

Sorry to hear of your trouble. Like you our move to CO has not been as smooth as we had hoped either. Week before we were to leave TX had a guy run a stop sign and took off after I hit him. $7000 3 weeks and a flight back to Houston we now have our other car with us. Then in the two weeks from the first load to second we had a water leak in storage. About $15,000 in damage. Some firearms included. Of course the ins they sold me doesn't cover flooding. I told him his unit had leaked before and his comment was "I thought I had it fixed". He siad he would make us right. We will see.

But here the high today was about 82 flet like 82 talked to Houston and it was 104 felt like 110. Big Grin

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have not found any place we would both be willing to make an offer on to live in. It has been near 110 degrees or higher every day for the last couple of weeks, with possibly two exceptions. Getting VA medical care here is hopeless and a farce and sham.

May I suggest moving up too Prescott an Ft. Whipple VA.* facility , or Chino Valley on up the road too

Williams, Flagstaff or other side of the mountains Show Low, Snowflake ?. We're up off 89 outside Sedona

kind of in the middle of the Mountain Southern facing . It's a might bit cooler than the southern floor of AZ..

An I was sincerely hoping a smooth transition awaited you !. So much for that wish !!!.

Stay out of that dam sun whichever way possible !. * One of the better in AZ. IMO .

salute archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Second the Williams area. Been there and it's on my list of places to retire to.
Vermont being #1 except for the weather
Williams #2
And believe it or not Mexico #3 Because if you're going to deal with corruption and screwed up politics, it may as well be out in the open.
The only problem is my machines They'll let you import them but no exportation and no guns either unless I buy off some politician for that too.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
kcstott, if you like VT...
I am finishing a 24x28 cottage up here in the northeast kingdom of vt. Post and beam, lots of wood, 2 bedroom, warm feeling place. my intention is to rent it by the week when I get it all finished, at a reasonable rate for working folks. Come stay a week there as my guest sometime, you can tell folks about it and drum me up some buisness! Good dirt roads, ponds, lakes and rivers everywhere you look. Grab one of my rifles and shoot woodchucks on the farm here. Standing offer.

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
I am finishing a 24x28 cottage up here in the northeast kingdom of vt. Post and beam, lots of wood, 2 bedroom, warm feeling place. my intention is to rent it by the week when I get it all finished, at a reasonable rate for working folks. Come stay a week there as my guest sometime, you can tell folks about it and drum me up some buisness! Good dirt roads, ponds, lakes and rivers everywhere you look. Grab one of my rifles and shoot woodchucks on the farm here. Standing offer.

tu2What's the closest airport? Do those ponds lakes and rivers have fish in them? beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:

tu2What's the closest airport? Do those ponds lakes and rivers have fish in them? beerroger

Shit beat me too it.
Hot damn!! I got a vacation spot.

Back40 I really appreciate the offer and will definitely keep you at the top of my list for vacation destinations

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been up there a lot, years ago.. it is a great place.. I still prefer Oregon...but for you east coast types.. it is a good spot..

northern New England is pretty quaint... and don't rule out crossing over to Quebec either...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
The number one reason I want to live in Vermont is the total lack of state gun laws. Fed regs are good enough for them. California sucks!!
That and the access to top fishing and hunting grounds. Did I mention California sucks

www.KLStottlemyer.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The airport is an hour and fifteen min from here. Quebec is twenty min, montreal a couple hours.
Loaded and concealed handguns without a permit here, never been a problem so no reason to change it. No loaded rifles in your truck/car.
Fishing is good most everywhere, any land not posted is open to hunting and fishing. Most posted land is open to fishing and bird hunting with a knock on the door.
The offer is open to you too Roger, I'd love to get some feedback on the place and some word of mouth advertising. I framed it mostly with lumber off the piece it sits on, and finished it with hard and softwoods from our farm. I like to build in my spare time, and this project has kept me out of trouble for a good spell Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a very poorly planned move IMO. I really hope you can recover from your initial mistakes and find a location that makes you happy.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote