Find
Notify
Tools

Replacement CZ Sights
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of xm15e2m4
posted
Do any members make, or know of a source for sights for the CZ 550 safari rifles?

A peep style that utilized the rear scope dovetail for the apperture would be nice.

I found several older posts on this but no satisfactory answers.

I follow Rule #62.

Posts: 109 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 21 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I have purchased from New England Custom guns (NECG) their peep sight and front patridge sight for my CZ 550 Magnum in 416 Rigby. If you have a little bit of tinkering ability you fit the front sight yourself. I removed the original island rear sight from the rifle as I now use a scope or the peep sight.

The NECG peep sight combination is very good. I am able to put three shots touching each other at 50 meters with no problem.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of xm15e2m4
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info! I have the same rifle. Did you attatch the peep to the rear of the reciever? If so by what method. After load development with a 6X leupold I intend to mount a 1.5 -5 in QD rings and would love to have a backup peep that could be left attatched while using optics.

I follow Rule #62.

one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
I replaced the stock BRNO sights with Jim Brockman's Gen III units on my M602 .375 H&H.

http://brockmansrifles.com/sight_options.asp

The BRNO M600 rifles preceeded the Chay Zed M550s...jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xm15e2m4:
Thanks for the info! I have the same rifle. Did you attatch the peep to the rear of the reciever? If so by what method. After load development with a 6X leupold I intend to mount a 1.5 -5 in QD rings and would love to have a backup peep that could be left attatched while using optics.

If I can remember I will take some pics so that you can see what the peep looks like when mounted. You cannot use a scope at the same time as the peep as it is mounted in the same dovetail cuts. I don't think NECG has put a picture of the sight on the website yet, but if you call them you can place your order.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of xm15e2m4
posted Hide Post
I just recieved mail from NECG with the info and pics on the CZ sight. Glad I can order something proper from them rather than rigging up something. Thanks.

I follow Rule #62.