New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use CGM Gunstock Checkering?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Title says it all, I'm wanting to have a stock checkered and this guy seem pretty reasonable.

cgm-gunstockcheckering.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have known Clint for awhile does extremely nice work, very careful, ask a lot of question to be sure everybody is on same page. Has done stock work for 3 generation of one family.

Posts: 369 | Location: lee' summit missouri | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've seen his checkering & his stock work. His work is second to none.

Mark Pursell

Posts: 545 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I've only seen his work never used him. I would have no issue having him do my checkering.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'm just shopping around but want to make a decision soon.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Clint is a good guy and does good work. I'd use him again in a heartbeat.

Posts: 990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I just contacted Clint with a request to do a semi-custom stock, i.e. fitting and finishing a semi-inlet stock, and this is part of his reply:

"Unfortunately, I am backed up a considerable length of time in my restocking projects, and it will likely take me between 3 and 4 years before I could even start on this project for you, even if I received it tomorrow."

I understand what he says and I have no problem with it. In fact I thank him for his honesty.

However, that leaves me with a problem - who to use for fitting and finishing a semi-inlet stock?

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might consider using the ACGG membership list as a source of inquiry. I understand there are many members who are available to help you.

Dennis Earl Smith
Professional Member ACGG
Benefactor Life NRA
Life NAHC

Posts: 311 | Location: Tygh Valley, OR | Registered: 05 November 2010Reply With Quote