New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Drop In Stock for Rem700 SA
 Login/Join

<Doc Garnett>
posted
Looking at Brownells, I am considering the Bell and Carlson "Classic" and "Carbelite"(the one with negative drop) and the HS Precision model. The rifle is a 700 BDL in .308 Win.. I will put a Burris Compact 4X in low mounts on it. It is a hunting rifle, not a target, tactical or varmint gun.
Any suggestions? Experiences? Are any of them truly "drop in"?
Thanks for your input.
-- Doc

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Garnett:
Looking at Brownells, I am considering the Bell and Carlson "Classic" and "Carbelite"(the one with negative drop) and the HS Precision model. The rifle is a 700 BDL in .308 Win.. I will put a Burris Compact 4X in low mounts on it. It is a hunting rifle, not a target, tactical or varmint gun.
Any suggestions? Experiences? Are any of them truly "drop in"?
Thanks for your input.
-- Doc

The HS Precision is my choice and with the alum bedding block they are "drop in" BUT SOME/MANY still benifit from a coating of glass on the alum beddding block due to specs of the blocks and actions having tolerance ranges that may not give the most solid contact....the HS has a very good reputation and the McMillan is the one I hear as the main challenge to the H/S good luck and good shooting!!!

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used ramline,bell &carlson,h-s precision and mcmillan and find mcmillan to be the best of the lot.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
<DLS>
posted
I had Hart rebarrel a Rem 700 for me in 308 for a hunting rifle with a barrel slightly heavier than the factory barrel and in 24 inches. I put it in a HS Precision SA ADL stock. Works great.