Find
Notify
Tools

Source for Floorplate release levers.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
I'm looking for some levers and conversion hinges for a M98 floorplate.

Brownells has been out of the levers for ever.

Rich

Posts: 6405 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
I'll look into it. for Argentine metal right?
Stuart

Posts: 1213 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Timan

The floorplate mounted levers not the 1909 bow types. I want to convert the dropout floorplate to a lever with a hinge.

thanks
Rich

one of us
posted Hide Post
Brownell's used to seel Meier levers, and may still carry them. But for all of the trouble it is to get one of them in working order, you would be better off just making one yourself from bar stock. And the hand made one would look better and fit better to boot.

Just my observations after using the Meier one time (never again).

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure the Meir works levers are out of production and have been for at least a year. Everywhere that sells them has them on backorder. I agree with Mark - get yourself a 1/2" piece of key stock and some files and make your own lever. You'll have a lever faster and that fits better than if you'd ordered the Meir works piece.

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
see this thread on sporterizing.com
http://www.sporterizing.com/index.php?showtopic=4261

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
thanks.. vwery interesting.

quote:
Originally posted by 724wd:
see this thread on sporterizing.com
http://www.sporterizing.com/index.php?showtopic=4261

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a very old Outdoor Life book on Riflesmithing written by Jim Carmeichal that has a chapter on this conversion including making the lever. Maybe there might be a copy in your local library.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
22wrf

I actually have that book, picked it up at a used bookstore in Brooklyn, NY of all places.

thanks
Rich

quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
There is a very old Outdoor Life book on Riflesmithing written by Jim Carmeichal that has a chapter on this conversion including making the lever. Maybe there might be a copy in your local library.