New
Find
Notify
Tools

50 BMG ammo
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I need a few rounds of 50 BMG to try out my new rifle with. Where to get? I used Google and found a lot of military surplus, but no sporting reloads for certain, with the exception of a few in the $5-$6 per rnd range. I am not certain I will keep it, so am not ready to invest in reload set-up yet.

Posts: 200 | Location: Tin Top .Texas | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try sog or century. I belive they both have surplus for about $1.50 around or less. [Eek!]
Ray

Posts: 147 | Location: Maryland, USofA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
Try Eric the Ammoman (www.ammoman.com) or Bill Campbell at The Hunting Shack (website something like thehuntingshack.com).

Cheers

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob G
posted Hide Post
What kind of rifle is it? You will probably have to buy more than a few rounds to get a decent price. Once you start shooting the 50 BMG you will probably get addicted to it. I've been shooting mine for about 15 years. Still haven't gotten tired of it yet. Liked it so much I had to buy another one last year.

Posts: 239 | Location: North Smithfield, RI USA | Registered: 09 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will most ranges let you shoot fifties? Are there any manufacturers selling one for under $2000?

[ 09-13-2002, 02:15: Message edited by: Shark Bait ]

Posts: 487 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My rifle is a Hesse, all 47 pounds of it. I ordered it probably four months ago. kinda on a whim, and because it was about half of what the Big Boar cost.I have some volunteers to shoot it, as I am a lefty and it has a thumbhloe righty stock.

Posts: 200 | Location: Tin Top .Texas | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Big Bore
posted Hide Post
Check with Cole Distributing www.coledistributing.com They sell IMI M33 ball ammo for about $25/10, $120/50 and $220/100 rounds. This stuff is steel core, copper jacket M33 Mil but not surplus ammo. It is very high grade ammo current production ammo in IMI's match cases with the TZZ 2000 headstamp. In my AR-50 it holds 3" or less for 5 shots at 500 yards. That is hard to beat at twice the price. That other milsurp ammo is not going to tell you much of anything about your rifle's accuracy, other than it goes boom when you pull the trigger.

Posts: 641 | Location: Indiana, U.S.A. | Registered: 21 October 2000Reply With Quote
<Celt>
posted
Here is a place to get some very good 50BMG ammo.
The 750 gr AMAX is one of the very best loads with out going nuts and using the $20.00 a shot and higher stuff.

Not to say anything negative about ones gun, but be carefull when shooting a Hesse anything for the first time.
They are not a good outfit.
FWIW
Celt

one of us
posted Hide Post
a Hesse, please let me know when you plan to shoot it. I want to be far enough away when it blows up!

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote