Tools

Rem 700 Mtn Rifle Questions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Need some history and opinions...

How many were made with the floorplate?

When did Rem change to the DM?

Opinion of the rifle with floorplate or DM?

Fair price for one NIB in .260 with the floorplate?

Is there one like that available out there?

Thanks, Doug

36th EVAC HOSP * VUNG TAU * FEB 67- FEB 68 * MOS 92B * E-5

Posts: 34 | Location: Western Washington | Registered: 17 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a mountain rifle in 7mm08 with the detachable mag. I don't know the exact year that this option became available but I have had mine for about 5 years, give or take, & I bought it used. I like the DM option, it is easier to load & unload. I don't recall any function problems off hand. You can buy spare mags for around $40. I belive I paid about $400 for mine ready to take hunting.

Posts: 527 | Location: Tennessee U.S.A. | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote
<9.3x62>
posted
quote:

How many were made with the floorplate?

The started in 1987 I believe, and ran until about the late 1990s, when they converted to the DM.

quote:

Opinion of the rifle with floorplate or DM?

I don't care for detach mags myself, just one more thing to lose. I've not heard bad thing=s either way really, so whichever you prefer...

quote:

Fair price for one NIB in .260 with the floorplate?

Is there one like that available out there?

Well, you can still buy the Mountain rifle LSS in 260 with the hinged floorplate - Remington is still making them new. You can also get a Titanium in 260, which is essentially the an ultralight version of the mountain rifle; it, however, has a blind magazine.

Also, I think though I coud be wrong, that they was a brief time where they made the 260 in the walnut, florrplate version of teh mountain rifle. If so, they are hard to find.