New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock duplicators?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Of course we all know of Don Allen and the Hoenig, but anyone have any experience with this guys machine?

http://www.riflebuilders.com/

He is not giving it away, which is fine, but I have not heard of him before. I could be interested, but any more info would be greatly appreciated.
Steve

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think this is the same M.L. Greene that used to be up in Blackhawk Colorado, then down in the Lamar Colorado area. If it is the same, I talked to him once about duplicating a stock..a service he offered at the time.
It was a most unpleasent experience. He gave me the "third degree" so to speak on how I found him, why I called him and in no uncertain terms telling me he was too busy to do any work for me and he didn't appreciate me bothering him.
Never called back.

Posts: 1664 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I visited with Mike yesterday and had a completely different experience. He was very friendly and talked my ear off. I was impressed with his duplicator too.
Steve

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
pm jim kobe & vapodog I believe they have had very good success before

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by congomike:
I think this is the same M.L. Greene that used to be up in Blackhawk Colorado, then down in the Lamar Colorado area. If it is the same, I talked to him once about duplicating a stock..a service he offered at the time.
It was a most unpleasent experience. He gave me the "third degree" so to speak on how I found him, why I called him and in no uncertain terms telling me he was too busy to do any work for me and he didn't appreciate me bothering him.
Never called back.

Stories of this kind of customer service never cease to amaze me...

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
montea6b
I am hoping that you did not mean this as a slam towards me. People on this forum work hard for their money and I think are looking for truthful answers, and not trying to find the good in everyone.
I called him, yes, out of the blue, and he was very rude on the phone. Was he having a bad day? Might be. Was I not knowledgable enough to ask the right questions, and he thought I was wasting his time? Possibly.
Now, before I get flamed for comparing, and I AM NOT COMPARING THE TWO, but Hein received many accolades on different forums. AGAIN, NOT COMPARING, just trying to give an honest answer to a question.

Posts: 1664 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Mike, it sounds like the guy did you a big favor. He showed you his true colors before any money changed hands.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry:
Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've about decided that I'm not ever going to have enough time to make stocks out of the hundreds of blanks I've got on hand (walnut nut Wink) so if you have any interest in a lightly used Allen double spindle stock duplicator (that is it copies one stock at a time) let me know. I want $7000 for it, including a large dust collector that probably works if you can figure out how to use it. This has to be picked up at my home, I'm not attempting to ship this thing. This was owned by a private individual (another walnut nut) in Penn and has been relatively lightly used. Probably has light coating of rust on rails. PM or email me if interested.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by congomike:
montea6b
I am hoping that you did not mean this as a slam towards me.

Absolutely not! No sir, I'm just amazed by stories of those who are rude to customers.

I realize there are always two sides to every story, but customers pay the bills...

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Trez Hensley
posted Hide Post
I don't get it either. Rude runs off customers and gives a guy a bad reputation which hurts future sales. When you go beyond the call, you get just the opposite. A good reputation and repeat business. I cannot see anyone really gaining anything from rude behavior. Even when someone is treating you poorly, you can still be decent, tell them you are not interested in working with them or being treated poorly. You always have the right to pass on doing business with them just as they can with you

In an extreme case, when someone is volatile (which seldom happens if you have respected them), a brief "I'd like to help you but won't be treated like this, call me when or if you are ready to respect each other." with a dial tone on the other side works well. Life is too short.

Trez Hensley-ACGG
Custom Gunmaker
Curious about who Jesus is? Click hereChristianity-or- contact me

Posts: 485 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael_Greene
posted Hide Post
If anyone wants an old Duplicator may I suggest you try www.xfactory.com Look under Carving Equipment in the menu.

And If anyoone wants to know about my Duplicating Machines May I suggest you ask me for a customers list or you may see one in Boulder Colorado http://www.bertramandco.com

P.S. FYI I have lived in Golden since 1972.

Michael Greene

Posts: 50 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 September 2009Reply With Quote