New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt Sauer rifle help, please.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well, I'm bumfuzzled. First bolt action I've ever run into that I couldn't get the bolt out of, but there it is. I own a couple of them, had them stashed back for years, and thought I'd take them out to run a patch thru them, etc. Can't get the $$(%(%_#$_# bolt out. I see what looks like a release under the bolt handle try to press it and it moves maybe 1/32, nothing happens. Can anyone give me a light at the end of this tunnel?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
if memory serves me, i think that there is a small release pin, right ahead of the trigger that has to be pushed in to get the bolt out...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2840 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply but I don't think that's it.

That's how 700s work, but as far as I can tell there is just some kind of pin/bar probably holding a spring extending across in front of trigger and it doesn't appear to move. I probably could figure this out if I took it out of the stock but knowing my abilities with a screwdriver to screw up, I'd prefer not to do that.

I figured out the little button on bolt. When you press it, it lets you work bolt with safety on, and then the little round pin under it in the receiver under the bolt cut pops up. I've tried fooling with it, trigger, etc and so far haven't found the right combination. Haaaylp!

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
de Haas book says to "pull the trigger back very hard about as far as it will go and withdraw the bolt"

Rich

Posts: 6480 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rich:

Thanks, believe it or not, I just got it and was coming on to post. I just kind of felt some "give" in the trigger as I was fooling with it, and manipulated it a bit and wallah, bolt just came out like a trained pig. Many thanks for the help.

xxxxxxxxxx