New
Find
Notify
Tools

333 Jefery
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A PH find who is in the States for the shows is in need of a replacement bolt for an original 333 Jeffery on an Oberndorf action. At this point, this is all the info I have. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 288 | Location: AL | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alf is your man on this sort of thing.

You might be better putting this on Big Bores (no one will care that it is less than 375) as apart from Alf I think there is a lot more knowledge there than any of the other forums and doubly so with Mauser stuff.

Custom Rifles forum might also be a good one as well.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Which Alf are you referring to. The member whose screen name is Aalf says its not him.

Posts: 288 | Location: AL | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ALF

But I see you found him on Big Bores Smiler

Apart from the Mauser action he an encyclopaedia when it comes to the old Rigby, Jeffery, H&H etc.

Want to know how many 416 Rigbys were made by Rigby then Alf will have the answer.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
First get the date of manufacture; remember that Rigby had exclusive import rights with Mauser until 1912, which means that other makers mostly used surplus military actions. 98s. So, if it is one of those, then any 98 bolt can be used; open up the bolt face to .540.
But, if it is after 1912, then it is possibly/likely build on a true Mauser Magnum action, in which case, I am not saying he won't find a bolt, but the chances of doing so are like winning the lottery.
Good luck.

Posts: 17278 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Work...but with two bolts, you can make one magnum length bolt..save the left over parts, you may want to make a Kurz bolt someday

Posts: 3615 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin tu2