Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

old barrels
 Login/Join

posted
I am looking for some rifle, pistol, or shotgun barrels especially barrels showing throat corrosion, damaged chambers, or any other problems for the gunsmith apprenticeship program. We will cut them open to use as training aids. Please pm me for more info.

In over 30 years as a professional gunsmith I never once got up in the morning and didn't want to go to work.

One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted Hide Post
May I ask what part of the worl you are in? (Would you happen to be doing a few reboring to larger calibers?) Wink

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
In in Washington state. No I'm retired and work as a apprenticeship coordinator for TAOGART. www.taogart.org
Their are several people that do reboring, it is a good way to salvage a barrel but in some cases it is nearly as expensive as buying a new barrel. Any barrels we get will be cut in half length wise for training aids.

In over 30 years as a professional gunsmith I never once got up in the morning and didn't want to go to work.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Email a shipping address and I'll send a couple.
Butch
papawlambert@starband.net

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks Butch