New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Mark X Speed Lock Cocking Piece
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I think any M-98 Mauser speed lock would work, since everything else is interchangable..The Mark X is simply a Mauser 98 as far as I know...

Posts: 42171 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Ray's right...

just get you a wolf blitzen spring

remember, though, don't go very high, as the spring increases cocking effort... and you are NOT going to get rem 788 locking speeds from a mauser, unless you switch to electric start

jeffe

Posts: 39696 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
There is a large difference in the length of the striker fall between the various MKXs I have. What I did to the longer ones was to simply shorten them. You need two cuts. One on the front of the bar on the bottom of the cocking piece. Unlike on a M98 this bar is solid. The second you need to reduce the spot on the end of the bolt that supports the striker on full cock by the same amount. I do my own but a gunsmith should be able to handle it with no problem.

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe what he means is that the Mark X cocking piece allows a shorter striker travel than a standard 98 cocking piece. Brownell's sells FN cocking pieces which I suspect are the same as the Mark X. They ain't cheap, though.

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of South40
posted Hide Post
This excerpt from Kuhnhausen shows what I'm looking for -- S40

Posts: 442 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 28 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36258&item=7104398701&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=383&item=7104163528&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Check out these two links to current ebay auctions. Seems like hte usually sell for about $15-20. These two guys usually have them listed consistently. I have actually bought ohter stuff from each of them on ebay and other boards. Worked out fine.

Posts: 130 | Location: Alpharetta, GA, USA | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote