THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Accuflite Sako Key Concept conversion to Non Key?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accuflite Sako Key Concept conversion to Non Key?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I talked with Accuflite and they informed me that they can remove the key concept on a sako bolt and install the exact bolt shroud and setup that came on the pre-key concept sako 75's. has anyone had this done or heard of this?

Posts: 315 | Location: SOUTHEAST USA | Registered: 26 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
No I haven't but I would be interested in having it done if reasonably priced Boy I went to their website. Who the hell took responsibility for that site? Urgggggggggggh

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BUMP

Posts: 315 | Location: SOUTHEAST USA | Registered: 26 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Btt

One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
SAKO, I spoke to Accuflite about this myself. They quoted 149 dollars for the shroud and firing pin + shipping. I just purchased my 75 SS recently after having owned 591's previously. Have you had any problems with your bolt shroud/key assembly while hunting or at the range? To be quite honest not crazy about it but because its a Sako not really concerned about it other then the possibility of losing a key(s).

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have not heard anything bad about the "key" either, I htink it ruins the lines of the rifle a little bit and is a little uglier than the pre key sako 75 bolt shroud. I guess in theory, gases could escape through the key crevices in extreme pressure situations

Did they tell you they are getting these parts for the new shroud from SAKO or making them inhouse???

One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
They told me they were Sako factory replacement parts.