THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BSA martini MkII compatible with 218 Bee?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Is it possible to usefully rechamber a BSA martini MkII to 218 Bee? I'm sure there is plenty of meat in the extractor to grind a bit more room for the 22rf to the Hornet case but the Bee case is larger and has thicker walls. The curved feed ramp may be a problem in the MkII as well. Certainly, the Cadet and MkI can be rechambered to Bee but the MkII has a very real advantage in the trigger which is adjustable and very sweet. So, is it possible to have both the MkII and the Bee together?

one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
I've seen it done by swapping the inards of a Cadet and the MkII. Then make a nice custom 22rf of the Cadet.

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got a nice custom 22rf martini already. But more to the point, I've got the block/trigger group from a Cadet-type action and a MkII in front of me and I can't see how the two could be exchanged. They are so very different.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I already was wondering - I presume you have a BSA International Mk II, and no way those are going to interchange. The Int'l is not a good base for the .218 Bee - besides, they are far too good a rimfire rifle to convert them....
Something like a BSA 12, 12/15 or 15 would be better - these are on the cadet-size action, and here the innards will interchange. You will still need to bush the firing pin for the high-pressure cartridge.

one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Sorry gents, I was thinking of the 12/15 and Cadet!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote