Find
Notify
Tools

need input on sako trg-s m995
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of PATRIOT76
posted
anyone have/had this discontinued model from Sako?

Curious what the feedback is on this rifle, action, stock--everything

Posts: 442 | Location: usa | Registered: 24 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
I have one chambered in 7.21 Lazzeroni Firebird. I did not have any problem finding a few good shooting loads for it. The action is slick and a good trigger. I don't care for the plastic stock but it gets the job done as a foul weather rifle. A lot of people don't like the way they have done (or not done) the recoil lug but I have not had any problems with accuracy.

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 883 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of KINO
posted Hide Post
I had one in 375 H&H. It shot great groups. Very easy to shoot, and malfunctioned on a Buffalo. The magazine is only cliped in at the front of the mag. Under the recoil the back end of the mag will tip down and out. When you bolt the action you then miss picking up the next round in the mag. Results in a loud CLICK! on Buffalo. I had shot the buff twice before this happened and he was getting up a second time. I knew what had happened as it happend two days before on a zebra. After my slapping the mag back in and bolting the action I was a bit excited and it felt like I didn't pick up a round. I did a press check, but due to the push feed and I pulling the bolt back too far caused the round to kick to the right. After seeing the round I tried to close the bolt, but the round was now pushing against the chamber and I had to now clear the fail to feed. My PH then shot the buff with his 416. I got he gun cleared and shot it twice more.
I sold the gun as soon as I got home and bought a Winchester M70 and have a Searcy double on order. BTW Beretta's service sucks

Posts: 470 | Location: SYRACUSE, UT, USA | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote