New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who should I contact??????
 Login/Join

posted
Gentlemen,

I have a problem that I would like your Opinion on. Bought a Mdl 2000 Stoeger shotgun about 6 weeks ago. When I patterned it, I found it shot 12 in. to the left and about 14 inches low. Called the service dept. explained that it did not shoot point of aim and they said to send it back, that they had had that problem before. 35 days later, got it back. Note said,"replaced barrel, gun patters o.k." Upon shooting it again, I found that it STILL shot 12 in. left & 14 in. low. Called the service dept. back, explained the problem again and asked to speak to someone in charge. The lady tried her manager's office and no answer, she asked for my name and # saying she would have him call me back. No call yet! Anyone have any contacts that I could use to get this problem solved. This gun is of no use to me if it doesn't hit where I aim and I Have no use for a Co. that does not have its customer interests as its #1 priority. Any thought would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Regan

Posts: 16 | Location: N.C. | Registered: 16 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The best cure for this problem is a $5000 shotgun.

All joking aside, I would call Stoeger once per day and ask to speak to the manager until I succeeded. They don't want to produce defective guns, and when you find the right guy in management, he will fix the problem.

Good luck!

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
A link to the Stoeger Model 2000, if anyone needs background.

Stoeger Mdl 2000

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would be willing to bet that if you took off the barrel and looked both down and sideways at the magazine tube you will find that it isn't straight and that is what is making the gun shoot so far off your poi. You might try a little judicious tapping with a rubber or rawhide mallet to see if you can straighten it out. At worse it will break and you can send it to their warranty department.

I had a similar problem when the Rem 11-87 came out..it shot about 18" low. Remington wasn't any help. I discovered on my own that the tube was bent down and some banging on my part solved the problem.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've bent a lot of shotgun barrels on trap guns to adjust them to shoot higher or lower, sometimes as much as half the pattern at 40 yards. You can tell if it is straight by looking down the barrel while holding it about a foot from a wall and noting whether the rings you see ( the end of the chamber, the choke, and end of the barrel) are concentric. If the rings on the end of the barrel are closer to the bottom than the top it will shoot low. I'll bet if you can find a gunsmith around a trap range, he'll fix it. I am assuming it is not a double.

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote