Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone talk to Blackburn lately??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted
Anyone talked to Blackburn lately? I ordered the trigger for the Scholarship Rifle on 5/5 and was told it was in stock. When it didn't show up at Tom's I called back. Had to reorder and then later told no longer in stock backorder. That was on 5/23. After 5 phonecalls around July 17 I was told two weeks.

I have now called 6 times and left 3 voicemails during the last week asking status. My wife tried to fax a letter and no answer on the fax machine.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ramrod

Does Tom need the trigger now. As I believe I mentioned before, I have a new one here that I could send to Tom and you could send me the one you ordered when you get it.

Otherwise, you have to remember that with his triggers he doesn't do the entire job in house. He sends them out for heat treating in batches, and many times when a batch comes back he has a whole bunch of orders to fill. then he waits until he gets a bunch of orders and then he makes a batch and it happens all over again.

With Blackburn you have to be patient in the knowledge that when you finally get what you ordered it will be a quality part!!!

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does Tom need the trigger now

Thanks for the offer. Tom had a trigger in stock and was going to us his. I'm just rrying to replace it.

I underestand being patient, it is the lack of ability to contact that is frustrating.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ramrod,
StuC emailed me about another matter and said he had called recently and was Ted answered the phone when he called. So someone is still there at least on occasion.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chic,

I'll just keep trying.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

one of us
posted Hide Post
I called and talked to Maggie on the 1st of August about a trigger. She said a batch was in the works and should be done the end of August.

I hope this helps.

Jim Wisner
Custom Metalsmith

Posts: 1484 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
She said a batch was in the works and should be done the end of August.

Thanks

Everyone else get through I guess I'm just not holding my mouth right.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I spoke to Ted last Friday and emailed with Maggie a few days ago. I've ordered 4 triggers but I got the impression they were a month or two away.

- stu

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Must be your accent Smiler??

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Must be your accent ??

I knew it was something. I was afraid it was my looks. Glad to hear it is only the accent. I feel so much better.

Thanks Wink

As usual just my $.02
Paul K