New
Find
Notify
Tools

browing safari bolt action
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
need some information here i just got my grandfathers browing and have no knowlage as to what action it has the stock has a crack under the bolt and i would like to replace the stock but dont know what a small ring mauser from a large ring one it was purched in 1963 any help will help thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
You don't specify the caliber, but it is likely an FN Mauser. The short cartridges (.22-250, .243, .284, .308) were built on FN's in earlier years and Sakos in later years. All longer cartridges were built on FNs.

At any rate, replacement stocks for either are readily available, but you'll have to do some custom inletting for the stepped barrel.

Tip: Using punctuation and capitalization often assists the reader in understanding what the devil you're trying to convey.

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out Boyds gunstocks on the web. They have some decent stocks for sale, both laminated and walnut. In the back of the catalog they have a "key" that you can look at and properly identify your rifle.

Best of luck

Posts: 373 | Location: Leesburg, GA | Registered: 22 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
not sure why you want to replace the stock - rare thing if its cracked by the bolt that it couldn't be easily repaired

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote