Find
Notify
Tools

MY MMC BROKE - HELP
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ab_bentley
posted
Well I got a visit from Murphy the other day.......

My MMC Checkering tool broker on me while working. So figuring no one worked on the things anymore I disassembled it to see the issue. Once disassembled I found a broken right angle drive gear. The issue isn't that it broke but that I can't get the cutting shaft out of the head, as it wears the reciprocal gear that I can use to have it copied. Has anyone here had one these little guys apart? Again, if I can disassemble the shaft I can have the gear repro'd. Mainly I am looking to if it's threaded in or pressed in.

Please help... Frowner

Adam

Ammo, you always need more.

Posts: 463 | Location: Dresden, Ohio | Registered: 09 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you have the capability of taking good sharp close up photos?

Most likely the gears are minatures from some catalog. No need to reproduce they are probably available off the shelf.

Good designers cook book their designs from catalogs to keep the costs down.

In another life I worked with a number of small gear designs.

Look at WMBerg, Stock Drive Products, PIC Design and many others.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ab_bentley
posted Hide Post
I do have a great camera, but I contacted Steve Bertram today and he said send it on over and he'd check it out.

If possible I will snap some pics.

Adam

Ammo, you always need more.

Posts: 463 | Location: Dresden, Ohio | Registered: 09 January 2012Reply With Quote