Find
Notify
Tools

What actions will this barrel fit?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Finley
posted
I picked up a brand new Douglas XX barrel a few days ago and I'm wondering what actions it could be used with. It is unchambered and NO threads. The shank has an O.D. of 1.155. Is this too small for some actions? By the way it is a #1 contour in .277. I do have several different donor actions I could use but was hoping go with a Rem 700. Thanks for any help.

Posts: 223 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 20 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
It is too smal for either a M70 or A M700. Both need a larger diameter in order to have enough surface area to properly torque up against the receiver face. The M98s utilize the barrel face to tighten against the primary torque shoulder in the receiver. I regularly turn Mauser barrel shanks to 1.175 with no problems but that's as small as I go for ascedics. M98 military barrel shanks are smaller that that though. I'm at work & don't remember the OD of the top of my head. Maybe some can pitch in here.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
It'll fit a small ring, especialy a mexican, which would look nice, or a turk

jeffe

Posts: 39660 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote