New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trap-Door Buttplates
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking for a source for Steel/Checkered/trapdoor buttplates was what brought me to this site in the first place...and I would like to thank all the guys that led me to Roger Biesen.

I bought three of his buttplates and because I sent a bit more than was needed for shipping he also sent me a beautiful checkered grip cap to match the buttplate.

Great parts, very fair prices, fast shipping...and friendly personal service!

There are so many flakes out there that doing business with people like the Biesens' is a breath of fresh air and I would recommend them without hesitation...Nice people!

www.biesen.com

Rick

Posts: 494 | Location: Valencia, CA | Registered: 22 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rick, they are all you said and more. And they build them in house. I have been in their shop (Al's basement) and talked with Roger while he built and polished them.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
Biesen buttplates (and grip caps, in my opinion) are the very best, no doubt about it. Al Biesen created the standard a couple of generations ago, and that standard remains the best to this day. I have an O'Connor-style .270 in the works right now that will wear a Biesen trap buttplate, and I just couldn't see that rifle finished out any other way.

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
Chic,

I was on the phone yesterday with the tech department at Brownells (I buy so much stuff there I should be a stock holder! ) and mentioned Biesens to them.

Biesens buttplates are head and shoulders above the Neider style that Brownells sells.

The three I bought from Roger are going on a Springfield sporter, a 98 Krag sporter, and a Remington 700 that McMillan built for me years ago. I'm going to send Roger the Remington and he is going fit it to one of his semi-finished walnut stocks for me.

Rick

Posts: 494 | Location: Valencia, CA | Registered: 22 May 2004Reply With Quote