New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 700 Trigger
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a 700 rifle that my wife uses and I want to lighten the pull on the trigger. If I adjust the trigger pull weight only, would that adjustment alone cause any side affect on the sear and backlash adjustments? I am thinking it would not, but it kept nagging me not knowing for certain and since there is so much debate about these triggers I thought I would ask. I did a searched for the answer but it returned nothing.

one of us
posted Hide Post
No one gonna take a stab at this one?

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I downloaded an instruction sheet on 700 trigger adjustment several years ago and the adjustments covered both trigger pull weight and overtravel. If I adjusted only pull weight, there was some take up on the trigger before release. If both trigger weight and overtravel were adjusted- I got a light trigger that was very crisp. I never attempted to adjust only overtravel to see the effect of just this adjustment. I preformed the same adjustments on all 5 700's I own and they all came out great.
As far as safety goes, the instructions gave a sequence to go through as far as tightening and loosening the screws and what checks to make to be positive you were keeping everything within spec. I still have the adjustment information in my safe. If this is what you are looking for, let me know and I will scan it and send it to you. I hope this information helps?

Posts: 5706 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Here is the link for Rem trigger adjust.
Lyle

http://www.snipercountry.com/Articles/RemingtonTriggers.asp

Posts: 968 | Location: YUMA, ARIZONA | Registered: 12 August 2003Reply With Quote