Rem. 600-660-7 barrel question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Are these barrels interchangeable?
Will they work on an xp-100 action?
Thanks, Bill

[ 11-01-2002, 05:16: Message edited by: pahandgunhunter ]

Posts: 247 | Location: Butler, PA | Registered: 26 February 2002Reply With Quote
<ol crip>
posted
pahandgunhunter,
I have tried it and they will screw into the XP100 action but the contour is much heavier and you will have to alter your bbl. channel. I replaced an XP100 bbl. in 35rem with a 7-08 from a model seven in 18 1/2 inches. That bbl. just screwed right in. The sight holes were off about 75 degrees but it headspaced perfect. Naturely I took it out and shot it. WOW, it shot 3/8s 3 shot groups with just about anything you put in it. I never set it back to align the sight holes, used a scope anyway. Model seven bbls. can be had for damn near a song and a dance anymore. And it looks like a real space gun.

one of us
posted Hide Post
pahandgunhunter,

They are interchangeable "to a point". The same threading/chambering drawing is used for all three actions. However, both the length of the threads and the chamber headspace are "receiver dependent", meaning that you have to measure that particular action/bolt/recoil lug and machine the barrel specifically for those dimensions. You might "get lucky" on thread length and headspace, if the action that the barrel came off of is close enough to the one it's going on, but then again you might not.

Send me a PM with a fax number/address, and I'll get you a copy of the drawing if you want it.

Regards, Bill

[ 11-01-2002, 16:24: Message edited by: Bill M ]

Posts: 1169 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 January 2002Reply With Quote