Find
Notify
Tools

remington 700 trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bounty hunter
posted
i have a NEW 700 w/ the NEW trigger . i am unable to get the sear engagement screw to move. CRYBABY my question is what agent if any is everyone using to soften whatever they used to make the set screw stationary. whatever it is, is good stuff. i didn't break an allen wrench but thought that i was going to.

bounty hunter

Posts: 113 | Location: Texas,USA | Registered: 27 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Try some acetone and if that doesn't work then try a little heat from a propane torch. Just a light flame, warm only.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bounty hunter
posted Hide Post
the heat worked Wink THANKS

b h

Posts: 113 | Location: Texas,USA | Registered: 27 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bounty hunter, "the heat" is also known as the "hot wrench"............from farm machinery to gunsmithing!! hahahahahahahahaha GHD

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Heat is the only thing I've found that works. If you don't heat them up too much, the thread locker they use still works when it cools down.

Posts: 460 | Location: Auburn CA. | Registered: 25 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bounty hunter:
i have a NEW 700 w/ the NEW trigger . i am unable to get the sear engagement screw to move. CRYBABY my question is what agent if any is everyone using to soften whatever they used to make the set screw stationary. whatever it is, is good stuff. i didn't break an allen wrench but thought that i was going to.

bounty hunter

Try touching it with a soldering iron.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote