New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: safeties
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
You guys looking for just the FN safety or only want it with the shroud as well? My friend has a few of the safety levers in the white that I think are just sitting there and he would be willing to sell. What do they go for $$ wise? I am going to buy one off of him to convert my FN 270win back to the original safety. I thought at one point that I would prever to have a markII type on the right side like my Springfields for "uniformity" but have now seen the error of my ways.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Dago Red,

I'd be interested in a couple of the levers. The complete shrouds with the machined cut seem to be going for about $65. Please put me down for two levers.

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
I've got two extra shrouds. Put me down for a lever to fit each one. I'll likely send the el cheapo back since I am obligated to at least take delivery on it but I'd sure rather have the real thing. I really like having all my rifle safeties work the same way and having both scope mounted and peep sighted types going to "fire" with a left-and-down makes vastly good sense to me. I'll install one on Lily Martel, as well as the new Light.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow guys, that was fast, got 6 spoken for already. I think he only had 6 and I will just forego getting one and will save up to install a Burgess safety on it later (the Buehler is fine for now). I will find out exactly how many and then let you know and you can have htem in order of response, I got one in between at 12:39 via e-mail. All of you want two. :-)

any idea on what they are worth? I don't want to take advantage of a friend just cause he doesn't have a need for them.

Thanks all. Don't forget, any change to a rifle means you have to post pictures.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Dago,

One of the emails might have been me at work. The one from Mike? I'll email you from my z1r account.

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote