THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Need Rem 1100 trigger work for youth slug gun hunt

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Rem 1100 trigger work for youth slug gun hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have an 1100 with cantilever barrel that will be used in Oct on a youth whitetail hunt in Illinois. The trigger is pretty bad on said shotgun. Who best to tweek it to around 4-5 lbs and get some of the creep out of it? Not expecting miracles here, just want it improved and SAFE. Please send PM if you know of someone. Mr. Allen Timney is RETIRED or I would call him.

Posts: 325 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 11 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think remington makes a replacement trigger to use in slug guns give them a call.

Posts: 19616 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Hardin,

I have a couple extra slug guns and a youth sized muzzle loader, if you want to borrow one in October send me a PM.

Mark

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Timney sells a 870 trigger fix kit. It includes a different sear and three different springs for weight of pull. On their website under reviews of the product someone asks if it could be used in the 1100 timney says it can be.

Posts: 448 | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wildcat junkie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike7mm08:
Timney sells a 870 trigger fix kit. It includes a different sear and three different springs for weight of pull. On their website under reviews of the product someone asks if it could be used in the 1100 timney says it can be.

The 870 & 1100 have the same basic receiver group. Most receiver parts interchange. The trigger will definately interchange.

I wouldn't contact Remington for ANY trigger questions. They will only sell "litigation proof" triggers/parts

According to Timney's site, this trigger fix also works on the 760/7600 rifles. I would suspect it also works on the 742/7400 rifle..

GOOGLE HOTLINK FIX FOR BLOCKED PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES https://chrome.google.com/webs...inkfix=1516144253810

Posts: 2440 | Location: Northern New York, WAY NORTH | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I figured they were all the same. But I have not taken all the different models apart. 870 and 7600 are the only ones I have seen the inside of .

Posts: 448 | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I'll check out the Timney kit.

Thanks for the info and generous offer!

Posts: 325 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 11 December 2005Reply With Quote