posted
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...ound-c_b_882753.html

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
All you need to know is at the bottom of the page:

quote:
This story was funded in part by a grant from the Joyce Foundation.

The Joyce Foundation is virulently anti-gun.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I happen to like my Women a little Feral, thankyou very much. Wink

Cheers, John

Give me COFFEE and nobody gets hurt

Posts: 1608 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
All you need to know is at the bottom of the page:

quote:
This story was funded in part by a grant from the Joyce Foundation.

The Joyce Foundation is virulently anti-gun.

George

Obama sat on a Joyce committee with Bill Ayers.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
what a crock!

"America is absolutely awash with easily obtainable firearms," Gadahn said. "You can go down to a gun show at the local convention center and come away with a fully automatic assault rifle, without a background check, and most likely, without having to show an identification card. So what are you waiting for?"

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 724wd:
what a crock!

"America is absolutely awash with easily obtainable firearms," Gadahn said. "You can go down to a gun show at the local convention center and come away with a fully automatic assault rifle, without a background check, and most likely, without having to show an identification card. So what are you waiting for?"

Once again a politician talking out his arse.

The other thing is right in the beginning of the article: "Geisel had previously been committed to a psychiatric hospital in Bangor, which made him ineligible under federal law to buy or possess a gun" Incorrect.

Being committed doesn't preclude you automatically nor is it black and white. and nor is it a requirement to report these things to anyone. And nor is it a life time ban.

And I'd like to where that gun show is that I could buy a Full auto AK47 with no ID required??
Such BS

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
I was pretty disgusted when I read the article, especially with the irony of the heading "Public Integrity". Could that be an oxymoron?

KB

one of us
posted Hide Post
saying you can buy illegal weapons at a gunshow is like saying you can buy drugs at the street corner

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Howard:
saying you can buy illegal weapons at a gunshow is like saying you can buy drugs at the street corner

So you're saying you can buy illegal weapons at a gunshow.

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tin can:
quote:
Originally posted by Howard:

So you're saying you can buy illegal weapons at a gunshow.

So, let's guess - which of those sentences is a question, or statment? Wink

Next guess - which of those sentences is a fact, or opinion? Big Grin

My guess is the first one is a statment, and the second a question without the "?".

Since I only buy legal guns and drugs, I know little on the subject. Big Grin Last time I bought a gun on the street corner, I got a good deal. A new in box old style Interarms MK X Mauser barreled action in 7x57 for $250. Oh yea, there was the stainless Ruger MK II in 30-06, from a native guy in SE Alaska, for $200, freshly fetched out of the bottom of his skiff, seal gut slime and all. Big Grin And the Ruger stainless short action with the bent barrel still attached, for $100. Funny, none of those guys asked me if I had bad intentions, smoked dope, or was a criminal or mentally deficient, when I had quit beating my wife, or anything like that.

KB

one of us
posted Hide Post
Tin can, i am sure you can just like you can buy illegal drugs in a school playground and fake drivers licensees at the local Wal-mart parking lot

Singling out gun shows is one more example of our society blaming a symptom instead of the cause.

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Singling out gun shows is one more example of our society blaming a symptom instead of the cause

AgreedSmiler

quote:
Originally posted by Kabluewy:
Last time I bought a gun on the street corner, I got a good deal.
KB

Me tooSmiler